Except the above picture is a little out of date; it now reads "NOTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT." I blame Siwatu.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
The Siwatu Effect
Out for my nightly walk tonight, I was thinking about the Siwatu Effect. Last week I was just reveling in the city, like "Living among all these ruins is so cool, it's like living in Rome or an ancient Middle Eastern city." Then Siwatu visited and was like, "Man, this place is so depressing," the entire time. So for the past couple days I was biking around thinking, "Living among these ruins is so depressing, it's like living in a tomb. Get me out of here!!" So tonight, just as I'm thinking about the Siwatu Effect, I walk around the corner and see the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit:
Except the above picture is a little out of date; it now reads "NOTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT." I blame Siwatu.
Except the above picture is a little out of date; it now reads "NOTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT." I blame Siwatu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW, does it really say "nothing"? I have been wanting to modify that sign for ever! I always thought it was patronizing, "Everything is going to be alright!!" as if it were assuming that things in my life weren't alright. So, I was always annoyed at that sign for being too presuming. I wonder if somebody changed it up themselves, or if the MOCAD changed it. I will have to check it out.
Post a Comment