
It used to be a theater. Living in Detroit is fascinating, like living in an archeological site, or some old city like Rome or Athens, living among ancient ruins. My friend Siwatu showed me these pictures; I haven't actually parked here, yet. He called it "depressing", which I can certainly see... but on the other hand in what other city can you suddenly find yourself in a beautiful ruin, while looking for a place to *park*?I spent the afternoon at the Detroit Public Library with Siwatu helping him with research for some fiction he's writing set in a now-abandoned hotel building in Detroit.
3 comments:
That is really sweet-looking. I want to park there!
These photographs are really strange. I like to have some fun in this parking lot with the amazing architecture.
===================================
Ashwani
nitishrocks
That must be the garage Eminem used, filmed in "8 Mile." Think it's the Michigan Bldg.
Post a Comment