I was using StumbleUpon (basically, jumping to cool websites at random, for those who aren't familiar) and I hit a site for something called Album-A-Day. To make an Album-A-Day, you have to write and record the entire thing within a 24 hour period; you can't use any material written before. The album is supposed to total at least 20 minutes or at least 30 songs. It's not a contest or anything, just an exercise to spur creativity, and you can post it to their website when you're done. It's preferred to do the entire thing in one contiguous period without sleep but I don't think that's worth it to me. I did start it though... when I read it, I thought for a few minutes and then went for it. Randomly stumble on a site and there goes your next 24 hours. I'll post the final product tomorrow. So far it's surprisingly good. I was just listening back to one of the songs and was like, "Damn, that's catchy"... now I have the radio on to get the fucking thing out of my head. It's really fucking catchy. The last song I did tonight, I just wanted to get out of it as soon as possible, figure out a way to end it. Started writing lyrics like "I'm going to sleep now... see you next week now...." I got pretty worn down.
So tonight starting from 6 PM I recorded six songs totalling 7.4 minutes. So I'm over a third of the way there. Looks like I'm going to have to start speeding up a bit. Unfortunate... I anticipate the remainder won't have as many sublimely catchy moments as the first part.
Ok time for bed or at least a rest.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment