Monday, November 24, 2008

Goal

After the 24-hour album exercise I decided I want to start setting stronger goals for myself. My first goal is to finish as much as I can of the coddlefoe album I've been chipping away at (mostly home-recorded versions of the songs I do live, plus a few unfinished raps that I want to finish), get decent (not necessarily final) versions of each of the songs that will be on the album, and post it here in two weeks. If that goes well I might make a regular practice of setting goals and posting the results here.

It will be good to get that CD done... really it's been lingering around too long, I don't want it to go into next year. It could be a good way to help find audiences. I haven't been pushing myself on it to avoid jinxing the creative process but the 24-hour album showed that I can push myself and still have good results.

No comments: